Manila, Philippines (July 29, 2017) – UNTV News and Rescue began its broadcast using new Ultra High Frequency (UHF) analog TV relay station in Tagbilaran City in the province of Bohol as part of the network’s ongoing upgrade and expansion of its signal presence in the country.
The country’s ‘Public Service Channel’ also upgraded its facilities in Cebu City for clearer reception.
Cebu City Relay Station Upgrade
UNTV also completed the modernization of its relay station in Cebu City on UHF Channel 39.
UNTV Cebu sports a new 10-kilowatt transmitter, transmitter room and 85-foot antenna tower built on elevated location.
More Filipinos can now watch Ang Dating Daan, a popular religious program known for its Bible-based question and answer segment Itanong Mo Kay Soriano.
The relay station enables the re-broadcast of programs emanating from UNTV Channel 37 in the National Capital Region (NCR) through its direct broadcast feed via MEASAT-3a satellite.
UNTV-37 Manila frequency is under the Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (PBC) of the Henares family while the network’s broadcast facilities are owned by its operator Breakthrough and Milestones Productions International (BMPI), an affiliate of international Christian religious organization Members Church of God International (MCGI).
These relay stations are equipped with solid-state transmitters manufactured by a well-known and trusted Japanese brand.
MCGI’s Own Television Network
The relay station in Bohol is the latest addition to the growing broadcasting network of the MCGI.
MCGI is also known for Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path), the longest-running religious program in the Philippines which started in 1980.
It is once a dream by ADD’s main host and MCGI’s Overall Servant (Presiding Minister), international televangelist Bro. Eliseo F. Soriano for the church to have a network of its own.
As the church membership grew exponentially, this dream came into reality today with the help of veteran broadcaster and MCGI’s Assistant Overall Servant (Vice Presiding Minister) Bro. Daniel S. Razon.
Razon is the Chairman and CEO of BMPI, UNTV network’s exclusive operator and content provider.
In 2016, 25th Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas (KBP) Lifetime Achievement awardee Kuya Daniel announced the roll-out of UNTV relay stations to intensify delivery of the network’s public services and broadcast evangelization though television.
Since 2004, UNTV served as permanent home of MCGI and Ang Dating Daan. Aside from traditional analog broadcast, UNTV is using modern alternative platforms such as the social media in broadcasting.
- Ang Dating Daan Airs Bible Expo in Four Languages via Facebook and YouTube Live
- PTV4 Starts Digital TV Rollout in 6 Areas by July 2017, Taps NEC for New Transmitters
- Starmobile Group to Launch Own Digital TV Box ‘Starcube TV’ for Php 1,290
- Global Satellite (GSat) Updates Channel Line-up, Adds UNTV
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan Marks 36th Year in Broadcast with a ‘Worldwide Bible Exposition’ at the Mall of Asia Arena
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
- AFP vs. PNP in UNTV Cup Executive Face-Off Finals Game
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio